The Rules and Regulations of Springfield School have been framed to make the parents aware of what is expected of them and their children during their stay at the school.
Apart from all the features and regulations mentioned in the prospectus, it is imperative that all parents and children abide by a certain code of conduct for the best interest of all concerned and to facilitate the smooth functioning of the school.
- Admissions will be offered based on the performance of the child in the admission test, giving special preference for admission to NRI students, brothers and sisters of past and present Springfielders.
- Parents/Guardians of new students will not be permitted to meet the children for two months following admission. This allows time for the child to settle down and get adjusted to the new environment.
- The school reserves the right to refuse admission without assigning any reason.
- Admission and further continuance of a child to the +2 stage will depend on the vacancies, the child’s academic performance in the 10th Board Examination and his/her general discipline. The right of offering admission to the +2 stage rests solely with the head of the school.
- Every endeavour is made by the school to help children to improve their performance and a reasonable progress is possible only with the child’s co-operation. Should a student consistently exhibit poor results, he shall be liable for any action deemed necessary, even expulsion.
- A parent, whose child has failed to make the grade for promotion to the next class, may be asked to withdraw the child.
- If a child has already repeated a class, at any stage during his stay in the school, and still fails to make the grade for promotion, he/she may have to be withdrawn.
- Students are not permitted to keep any money with them. The school does not permit the handling or keeping of cash.
- Any child leaving the school campus without permission from the Headmaster, Bursar or the in-charge administration will do so at the risk and responsibility of the parent.
- There is a continuous effort to instill high moral qualities in the children but should any child persist with any anti-social act he/she will be liable to serious disciplinary action, even expulsion, as deemed fit by the Headmaster.
- A child involved in any immoral act is liable to be expelled without any warning and there will be no reconsideration whatsoever.
- The children are not permitted to possess any sordid reading/viewing material. The child shall also render himself/herself for a possible expulsion.
- To maintain discipline and to inculcate the habit of punctuality, overstay of leave shall be liable to a fine. The rate to be levied will be determined by the school authorities from time to time.
- No student is permitted to buy, sell or exchange goods or lend or borrow money with each other or with the staff. Nor are they allowed to do so with any outsider especially when they go on outings from the school.
- Intoxication of any kind is not permitted on the school campus. Any child indulging in drinking, smoking or using drugs will be immediately expelled without warning.
- In the endeavour to maintain a total sense of equality, the school discourages tuck from home hence parents should also refrain from giving excessive tuck to their children.
- No food parcels will be accepted or delivered to the children from anybody.
- Children would be allowed to go on leave only on authorised days as detailed in the School Calendar. Leave is not a matter of right and if the need arises may be refused. A child may be refused leave in his/her own interest, at the discretion of the Headmaster.
- Parents/Guardians must come to collect their children themselves to enhance interaction and understanding between parents and members of the staff. This also gives the child a feeling of being loved and cared for.
- No child is allowed to go on leave alone or with friends. If the parents so desire then a letter or written authority should be sent to the school well in advance by the parent/guardian who got the child admitted. Telephonic messages will not be accepted.
- Under normal circumstances no leave will be sanctioned during school terms, however, special leave of absence of two days plus journey time may be granted in the case of marriage of the child’s or the parent’s real brother/sister.
- Leave for serious illness of blood relatives or in times of bereavement, one day plus journey time for condolence of any immediate relation may also be granted.
- Medical leave will be given as advised by a qualified physician who should certify the duration of such leave.
- Parents/guardians will be permitted to visit their children only on visiting weekends mentioned in the School Calendar and not on any other day or holiday.
- School fee is to be paid by the due dates or a fine (as per rules) shall be levied for each month or part thereof for delayed payments. If the arrears are not cleared within two months of the due date of payment the parent may be asked to withdraw the child.
- The School Management reserves the right to revise the school fee including the Registration fee, security deposit, Admission fee or the annual school tuition fee, boarding and lodging fee and other charges, at their discretion, as and when the need arises.
Reservation of seat for the next academic session
- At the end of the session, in the month of December, an advance of fee is to be deposited to reserve the seat of the child for the next academic session. If this reservation is not made then the child will be considered withdrawn and the school will not be obliged to offer a seat to any such child in the next academic session.
- No refund of security deposit will be made if the advance fee for the reservation of the child’s seat is not paid on time and a notice of withdrawal, in writing, is not given at the end of the academic session
Injuries, fatal or otherwise
- All children are insured under the group insurance scheme up to a maximum liability of Rs. 1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh only). If parents so desire, they may get their children insured, for higher sums, on their own, separately.
- The school will not be responsible for any damages/charges or in any other way, for any injuries, fatal or otherwise, caused during the child’s stay in the school, even if these take place within or outside the school campus, while out on camps or while taking part in sports/games or any other form of activity within or outside the school.
- All expenses that may be incurred in the treatment of such injuries will be borne by the parent/guardian of the child.
- Ordinarily no withdrawal should be made during the academic session nonetheless, if the need arises then a minimum of three month’s notice is mandatory for withdrawal. If notice period is not given, then fees in lieu of notice period shall be charged.
- Withdrawal of a child from school has to be notified to the School Office, in writing, through registered post or by hand, by the parent or by the person who had got the admission formalities done. The date of receipt of the letter/application for withdrawal shall be treated as the date of withdrawal. Telephonic intimation shall not be accepted.
- When withdrawal is to be made in the ensuing session, the application for withdrawal should reach the School Office latest seven days after the start of the winter vacation, to notify that the child will not be returning to the school for the next academic year.
- Withdrawal is not expected to take place during the first academic year, as the child needs time to settle to the new environment of hostel life, hence parents should make up their minds very firmly before accepting the admission. No fees will be refunded if the child is withdrawn in the first academic year.
- There will be no refund of fees in the cases where the child has been expelled or his withdrawal has been requested for, on disciplinary grounds. The Disciplinary Committee of the school has the right to ask for the withdrawal of a child from the school, if they feel the situation so warrants and in their best judgement, they may not assign any reason for doing so. No fees shall be refunded in such cases.
- In cases where the refund of security deposit is applicable all claims must be made, in writing, within 6 months of the date of withdrawal failing which no such claim will be entertained.
- Parents are advised to please keep the school informed of any change in postal address or change in telephone numbers, in writing, as this is very vital in case of emergencies.
- Whenever parents/guardians come to the school they must make it a point to visit the School Office.
- Children will not be allowed to attend to any telephone calls except on Birthdays or when some very special circumstances warrant the child to receive the call.
- Please refrain from giving any valuables to the children like ornaments, watches, cameras, audio/visual equipment etc. The school will not be responsible for any loss or damage of the same.
- The school maintains and has the right to exercise a mild censorship of letters of the children as this is purely in their interest.
- The school will not accept any money orders.
- All correspondence of the parent regarding the welfare of the child, suggestions/ complaints, fees etc. must be addressed to the Headmaster giving the Name, Class, and Boarding Number of the child.
- It is the bounded duty and right of the parents to make suggestions/complaints for which a register is maintained in the School Office.
- No verbal assurances alleged to have been given by any member of the staff would be binding on the school. Similarly, no verbal statements made by the parents will be accepted. Parents must write to the school on any point they wish to make.
- Parents are strictly prohibited from giving tips of any kind, money or gifts to any servant or member of the staff. Breach of this will be viewed very seriously.
- Pet animals are not permitted on the school campus. Nor are parents allowed to bring pets along with them on their visits.
- The school is a NO SMOKING/DRINKING ZONE. Parents/Guardians/Visitors are requested to refrain from smoking or drinking liquor on the campus.
- Parents/Visitors are prohibited from entering the dormitories, especially the girls’ dormitories. If they so desire then prior permission of the Bursar/Administrator must be obtained and a female member of staff must be in accompaniment.
- In case of any dispute arising, the jurisdiction for such legal disputes shall only be in the Ambala Jurisdiction.
- The school’s management reserves the right to change, amend, add or delete any of the above mentioned rules and regulations, at any time without any prior notice.